Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thoughts on a small town

This is a non-running post.  I am so tired today I will run at the gym later.  But, I wanted to discuss my thoughts on my small town with you.

It is not picturesque like Westerville was...and I do miss that town.  It is small, but has traffic lights.  It has some good places to eat (some really good places) but, it is what it is, a small town.  A town where you go to the bank and people ask if you are the new band director.  Ugh.

I'm not sure what it is that makes it so different from my hometown. The far proximity to good shopping or a JCrew?  The lack of a large city less than 20 minutes away?  Most likely, the lack of my family.  I miss being home SO MUCH, but would I like to teach there?



I love being "on my own."  Having to solve my own problems, picking up my own food, having no one to check in with (besides the boyfriend.) Getting to eat ice cream for dinner (yes kids, it does happen someday!).

I think everywhere you live will suck.  I HATED Ohio but now I miss it.  I don't miss the sales tax.  Or the Buckeyes.  But I miss the fun and familiarity.  I miss little Westerville and Polaris and Easton.  I miss the nice sidewalks everywhere and my old running loops.

I don't think I shared my GREAT news.  I am the principal clarinetist for the Lake Geneva Symphony!  I am so excited about this new adventure.  I have rehearsal in a week and it will be once a week.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to join in TRIVIA with my friends, because they are at the same time.  However, I miss playing so much, I am so excited for some clarinet love.


 

1 comment: