Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to the grind

So, last night, I went to 6-pack spin at 6:15.  It was REALLY REALLY hard to find the motivation to get up off my couch, stop watching the Kardashians and go to the gym.  I even had my gym clothes on all day. (Well, most of the day.  I went to pick up my car in my bathing suit. Such class.) Which btw, my car is ALL fixed.  Only cost me my life, but it is all better. So, I can't afford clothes now, but I'll look damn good driving.

So, I ate a spoonful of peanut butter (I forgot how delicious that is), grabbed my spin shoes and went to the gym.  I am SO GLAD I did because WENDY taught.  Wendy knows me and she always yells at me in class which makes me work even harder/faster/longer whatever.  After one hour of torture, we did 15 minutes of abs. My body was SCREAMING at me this morning, but I still got up at 8:30AM to run with my running buddy!

We ran 4 miles around town then did about 30 minutes of upper body work.  However, we struggled through the move where you have your arms to your side, your hands on the bench and you put your legs out in front of you and lower your body up and down. Now, we always struggle with this, but today, I couldn't stop laughing because SNOOKI does this SAME move in the first episode of Jersey Shore Season 4.  If she can do it, I can, too.  But, I really couldn't. It was embarrassing.

We made a pact to go to the gym tomorrow morning and try to STAIR STEPPER for the first time.  Well, it's my first time.  Emily told me it feels like you were hit in the butt with a baseball bat when you are done.  Perfect for hardCORE right after, right?

Well, I realized this post is called back to the grind.  Why? Because training at NIGHT made me SO HAPPY. It felt so routine.  I cannot wait to get back to teaching. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment