Monday, August 15, 2011

An indoor run in the summer?!

Yes.  I did the unthinkable.  I ran 5 miles on the indoor track of my gym on Saturday.  I woke up to death clouds and decided to play it safe.  Also, I am terrified to run alone, so I thought it was best to be inside.  52 laps later (I decided to run 50 minutes...so I got 5.2 miles in!) and one play list down on the iPod, I was done.  I was not bored or dizzy.  I was SHOCKED.  How could I get through a run only with my music, no partner and def. no major thoughts.  I think a break from the routine helped spice up my running life.  I always run without music and lately, outside, with a partner.

Knowing Wisconsin, it will snow next week, so I should stick to the outdoors.

Today, I taught a lesson to a wonderful flute player then ran 4 miles in my teaching town.  I was constantly looking over my shoulder, but I ran SO FAST.  34 minutes to get 4 miles in?! I was happy.  And it was hilly!

So, Sunday was my rest day.  D came home from his business trip for DCI finals.  I was so happy he was back!  I met him at his work to pick him up, only to find out that an ATV was left there so he and a coworker rode it around.  I am a true Wisconsinite.  I rode an ATV.  In a skirt.

What can I say? I am a total class act.

Do you like running indoors?  Or is the outdoors always calling your name?

No comments:

Post a Comment