Monday, July 4, 2011

Coming at you from the East side

Pardon my hiatus, but I have been traveling and adjusting to a new time zone.  Not really, an hour doesn't throw you too bad, but it is what it is.  I am back in Pittsburgh for 27 days, giving Wisky a brief second to breath without me.  I am enjoying the lack of sales tax on clothing, not buying gas or food and hanging with the fam. 

Today I ran a race: The Whiskey Rebellion.  Not to be confused with Wisky the state.  I ran a PR AGAIN! I keep beating my times! Not to get too cocky, but every time I run, I get a PR.  It's pretty impressive, if I do say so myself!  I ran a 26:46 (or so my watch says, we will see when the results are posted).  From experienced runners I quote "This is the hardest course in Western PA."  It is obnoxiously hilly.  I hail from the flatlands, AKA tornado alley, so all my training the past year has been flat.  Even my "hilly" runs couldn't keep up with the first two hills in this race.

Get ready for my fall training plans.  I'll post them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment