Tuesday, July 5, 2011

LSD in the Morning

Now, don't get all excited here.  LSD=Long Slow Distance.  And by long distance, I mean the longest distance I've run since my half in May=4 miles.  I have been lame this summer and focused on my swimming technique and spinning rather than logging in long distances.  I also changed shoe brands.  I now run in Saucony Omni 9's instead of Asic 2140's which they no longer make.  I had to break those in and the end of the year madness for a first year teacher is insane.  But, I ran 4 miles in 38:59...I will steal that second to make it under 39.  I did it by MYSELF (E-be proud!) without stopping.  It was nice to just run.

I ran on a trail, which I normally don't do.  I don't feel safe on trails, but my mom was walking with a neighbor friend, so I knew I was within 3 miles of them...which, in the long run, wouldn't save me.  It's the thought that counts.


Peter's Trail

1 comment:

  1. yeahhhhh dude awesome run girl!
    such a beautiful trail i am so so jealous!!
    thanks for putting me on your blog roll!!

    ReplyDelete