Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday Ten

Today, I have been up for 5 hours already and it feels like 2 pm, not 10 am. I swam a mile in my Advanced Swim Class and just ran 3 miles with my running buddy.  I am exhausted from spin yesterday and hardCORE, which is a 40 minute torture class of ab workouts.

10 images that remind me of the Canonsburg life:

1. Sonic Ocean Water.

A Sonic opened about 20 yards from the entrance to my parent's neighborhood.  Ocean Water is the worst choice on the menu.  Don't get it.

2.  A pool.
My parents neighborhood has a pool and I would go everyday I was not working as a lifeguard at another pool.  I miss pools and am NOT fond of the lakes here.

3. Tink.
This isn't really Tink, but I think it looks close enough.  We don't have a cat.  In fact, this is out neighbors cat. She lost her tail, so this picture isn't very accurate.

4. Yuengling.
Best. Beer. Ever. Enough said.

5. Pennsylvania Plates.
My car doesn't look quite as good without these plates.  Also, first state to put a website on their plates.  How many times have you visited the website?  Probably as many as me: 0.

6.Canonsburg 4th of July Parade.

I guarantee you have never seen anything like this.  My tiny hometown has the 2nd largest 4th of July parade, beating out Pittsburgh and Harrisburg.  Philadelphia has the biggest.  I marched this sucker every year in high school (2002-2005) and it was hotter than Hades, I can promise you that.  People line their chairs up weeks before.  In fact, I know there are already chairs out today.

7. Bobby Shawn.
That's him, in the tux.  A true Canonsburg legend.

8. Tattoos While You Wait.
A classy establishment.  You can see this as you drive down Pike Street.

9.  The Duck Pond.
I tried to find an image that does the real pond justice.  Imagine 400 more mallards in the same size pond.  That about does the trick.

10. My Family.
I had to get all cheesy on you.


Most blogs have really artsy and fancy pictures.  But Canonsburg isn't classy like that.  This is the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment