Saturday, June 25, 2011

Country Roads, take me home...

Growing up insanely close to West Virginia made me hate that song but now I love it.  Today, I ran 3.5 miles in the country. It was pleasant, hot and felt good, except for the fly that wouldn't leave me alone.  Guess he got bored with the cows I ran by and decided to play tag with me.

I was always a solitary runner until this spring and now I'm back to running alone.  It is so hard for me to keep going.  My running mantra is so important to me now: You are stronger than you think you are.  I literally cannot get through a run without saying that.  I miss my running buddy and am struggling to find my rhythm on my own.  Once school starts again, she and I will be pounding pavement soon enough!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment