Saturday, October 1, 2011

Train-twice-during my run

There are lots of trains in Wisconsin and I live right next to some tracks.  I live in a NO HORN zone, so they are supposed to be quieter.  So, today, I stepped outside at 6:55 to begin my 12 mile run and I hear a train horn in the distance.  No big deal, I run over the train tracks but since it was blowing a horn, that means it was on the other tracks, not the one I run over.


Wrong. It was 32 degrees this morning and I had on shorts and a nike dri fit jacket.  My legs were FREEZING and I had to cross the tracks just 1.5 miles after I started. But, there was a train.  Did you know trains typically have 88 cars?  It took forever and was so loud!

So, I did my 6 mile loop, replenish my liquids then headed out and hit ANOTHER train.  Really? Uggh.  But, all in all 12 miles were done and I am happy as a clam!

I have been struggling with my body lately...I am so tired and sore all the time! i am looking forward to a relaxing weekend.  Going to Bdubs today for some football and buffalitos. And beer. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment