Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Confession

I know it is hard to believe someone who works out as much as I do has image problems.  But, I do.  Ask my boyfriend.  How many times have I stood in front of a mirror sucking in my stomach and trying to make myself beleive him when he says "you are not fat, Molly" for the 1043698590457 time.

See, being 5'1", I have no torso.  Well, I have a torso, but I can't wear shirts tucked into skirts because I feel like I have 0 shape, thus causing the skirt to make me look wider than a Mac truck. (Total music reference...anyone else remember a certain conductor demanding silence so big, a Mac truck could be driven through it?)

Today, I took a new class with Emily called Sport Conditioning.  It was a lot of fun and really different from other cardio classes.  It was a mix of Zumba moves, drills, running, push ups, crunches, you name it, we did it! We were in the large group studio, so I was positioned in front of a mirror.  Maybe it was my all black ensemble, but for the first time, probably EVER, I looked in the mirror and saw a strong but still short girl.  I was really happy with how I looked and I noticed my arms FINALLY getting toned.

I know some of you out there are rolling your eyes at this, thinking I am crazy.  But, think about it, pressures to be skinny are EVERY where, and even though I work out ALL THE TIME, I still don't look like a Victorias Secret model!

I started a new "diet".  It includes drinking 6 oz or chocolate milk after every workout over 1 hour long.  Chocolate milk helps you lose weight.  Shocking, right?  I read about it in Runners World.

No comments:

Post a Comment