Sunday, May 8, 2011

3rd times a charm

Yesterday I ran my 3rd half marathon.  Emily and I have trained together every step of the way.  Our 12 mile run went GREAT 2 weeks ago and we were set to finish in under two hours.  However, the stress of running got the best of my body...so we ended up finishing in 2:04:58.  I'm still happy with that time because it is a PR for me by 4 minutes!  I am not happy that I have to stay within 15 feet of a bathroom...the joys of running.

Of course, as soon as I got home yesterday I went online to look for more races.  I want to try to run a race every month so I don't have to stress about training as much as I did this spring.  Also, running in Wisconsin SUCKS.  I seriously have never had so much trouble training.  Between the wind and the cold, I was ready to book a flight to Florida for my long runs!

I'm headed to FleetFeet Brookfield today for a new pair of running shoes.  Also, they are having buy one get one 1/2 off sports bras.  I'm always up for a post run treat!  I usually go for ice cream, but this time I'll go for new apparel.

No comments:

Post a Comment